Monday, July 27, 2009

Waskesiu

Waskesiu

We enjoyed a week at the lake, well the city around a lake! We didn't really "rough-it" though we did spend a week in a VERY small trailer. Fortunately the weather was good and we only spent time inside sleeping and seeking safety from a bear in our campsite one evening.

There was hiking...


playing on the beach ...


and in the lake ...


enjoying the sun... (really, she's only 6!)



evening camp fires...


smores !!


checking out the scenery ...


relaxing ...


time with Daddy ...


"our" family day.


We did an average of the month and dates of our birthdays and found out that it was July 16th. Moto-Moto and I decided that every year on that day we will have ice cream for supper!! CJ didn't believe us until we had ice cream in hand from Big Olafs. It was SO good! The girls decided to have fresh cookies from the bakery for dessert too!!

It was nice to get away but I was really happy to get home to my own bed and away from the BUGS!! (Thanks to AV for taking care of Mac.)

2 comments:

sassy said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I love Waskesiu (but I can never spell it!) A trailer, lucky girl! I almost had McDreamy interested in renting a RV but we decided to wait a year, the Sprout is not liking car rides at all right now!

Saucy said...

Ice cream for supper... Moto-Moto is a man after my own heart. I will have to *gently hint* that idea to Veto.

We were at Elk Ridge today, but it rained, rained, rained and I opted out of Waskesiu. I lost the mood for ice cream and cinnamon buns and hit the Winners in PA on the way back to Saskatoon instead.