Sunday, December 26, 2010

Home for the Holidays

Well, we have a new addition to our family...
Ben


A couple of weeks ago we took some supplies to the SPCA to help out the animals at the humane society. The girls were invited to feed the rabbits while we were there since they brought a load of stuff for them. Then we went to say hello to the cats and dogs that we took treats for...... Ben took one look at me and I knew we had to take him home!!


He is A.MAZ.ING!! We are so lucky! He fits into our family so nicely, it's like we've had him forever! CD tries to play dress-up with him, CJ tells him all about her day and has those special talks that every girl has with her dog. He is a sweetie!!


When I saw him and then saw that his name was Ben it made me think of the song Michael Jackson recorded in 1972 (great year by the way) and was his first #1 hit!


Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With my friend to call my own I'll never be alone
And you my friend will see, you've got a friend in me

"Ben, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind and don't like what you find
There's something you should know, you've got a place to go

I used to say, "I", And "Me"
Now it's "Us", Now it's "We"

Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again if they had a friend like Ben
Like Ben, like Ben
"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new addition! He is adorable! Merry Christmas!